Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sweet Molly


So, today Molly is three. I would be a liar if I said my heart wasn't breaking a bit and that I haven't shed a few tears today. I just can't get over how quickly 3 years passed. In the blink of an eye she went from a helpless 6 pound infant, to a kid. Boo Hoo. Sometimes I wish I could rewind time just for on day and hold her tiny body in my arms. I swear I wouldn't put her down and I would memorize every little thing on her sweet body. Okay, I am really bawling now! As much as I am mourning her past, I couldn't be more excited about her future. Molly is my little buddy. We are a team. I know that will only solidify as she grows up. Here are some things I LOVE about my little one:
1. She is literally gaga for me. Yes- this is smothering, but what a feeling to be somebody's sun and moon. I'm so lucky to mean so much to someone as wonderful as her.
2. She is so funny. The things this child says keep me laughing all day.
3. She is so girlie. What a dream come true for me.
4. She is very spiritual. Molly talks openly and often about how much she loves God and Jesus. If someone is mean- she says it is because they don't have God in their hearts. Her prayers will bring tears to your eyes, and make you chuckle, too! She uses her belief in God to help her when she is sad or scared. My number one wish for Molly is that she would come to know Jesus at a young age. I am so thankful this wish came true.
5. Her imagination. She is rarely "Molly" and I am rarely "Mommy". In the course of one day, both of us have been no fewer than 2 dozen people, animals or inanimate objects- ha!
6. She is calm.
7. She is compassionate. She cares about her friends, family and those she doesn't even know.
8. She is MINE! Sometimes I am just dumbstruck that she is mine. What did I do to deserve Molly? Out of all the babies in the world... I got her. I will be thanking God till the day I day for that.

As some of my friends have done- I'm posting pics of this past year of Molly. I didn't think she changed that much this past year- but these photos prove otherwise!

March 09

April 09
May 09
June 09
July 09
August 09
September 09
October 09
November 09
December 09
January 10
February 10
March 10

A woman I met at Church with 4 kids gave me this great idea. Each year on the child's Birthday, interview them with the same set of questions. You can compare how they change each year. So without further ado, this is Molly Ryan at 3 years old:

1. What do you want to be when you grow up? A Princess.
2. What is your favorite food? French Fries and Mac n' Cheese
3. What is your Favorite color? Light Blue
4. What is your favorite toy? Princesses.
5. What is your favorite book? Princess books.
6. What is your favorite place to be? Chick-a-play (Chik-fil-a!) and Vail
7. What is your favorite thing to do? Play in the playroom and snuggle.
8. What is your favorite animal? A cow.
9. What is your favorite song? Old MacDonald
10. Who do you want to marry when you grow up? Caleb (Kings of Leon lead singer)
11. Who is your best friend: This one made her nervous. She changed her mind at least 9 times. She settled with the answer "all of them".

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome idea! Wish I had done that with you. And what a difference when you see the pictures month by month. This is awesome, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Molly girl! We love you and hope your big 3 was frilly and fun.

    ReplyDelete