Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful

We just got back from the BEST Thanksgiving trip to Kansas. It is so so so relaxing everytime we go and this time was no exception. Kyle and my Dad had their annul hunting trip and this time they used dogs and were very successful- they had a great time. Molly loved making Thanksgiving crafts and even made us all Indian and Pilgrim hats- ha! The meal was heavenly as usual- but somewhat stressful getting every dish timed to be ready at just the right time. The day after Thanksgiving Kyle and I left Molly with my mom and we headed off to Lawrence for a few days. We hadn't been back since we got married there so it was a treat. We made it to KU basketball game which was amazing. there is NOTHING like a Jayhawk Basketball game in Allen Fieldhouse! We also went to the Mizzou/KU football game. Sadly, the scumbags from Mizzou won- but that's okay- the game was still a blast and it reminded me how much I HATE Mizzou! We got to eat at our favorite old restaurants and go to our favorite old bars. My favorite bar still has a picture of me hanging on the wall from a Kappa date party years ago. Very surreal to see that and then be sitting there talking about toddlers and bedtimes with other alums- My, how things CHANGE! Molly was an angel in the car as usual. We couldn't have had a better week!

Kyle the Hunter
Dad and Kyle with their birds
Molly loved making Indian hats and she had to make one for her beloved Baby Dear
Molly and Jeff (My mom's wonderful boyfriend)
Dad and Diana in their festive hats!
Me, Molls and Baby Dear

My brother Matt eating like a true pilgrim!
Molly chowing down. It was all about the Mac and Cheese for her!
Molly and her Great Grandpa, my PaPa
Molly kissing on her Uncle Matty- she loves him so much!

Molly being "eloise". Eloise is her favorite book and there is one part when she stands on her head- so Molly loves to recreate it and say she is Eloise!
Molly and Gimpy (my Dad) dancing. They did a LOT of dancing!
A fave move of Molly's- dancing in a circle
Our fam
Cuddling my baby girl

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley... these are wonderful. It's so funny that you guys think a visit to Kansas is so relaxing. Whereas your old mom sees it as a whirlwind of noise and activity! Whew!

    But we both agree on one thing....
    It's over much too son.
    Miss you all.
    See you soon.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and relaxing looking holiday!! Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete