Monday, October 12, 2009

Life with a GIRL

One thing has become clear to me teaching Sunday School to Elementary age kids at Church- I don't get boys! I just can't understand them! Living with Molly, however is second nature. We are both Girlie girls who have a flair for the dramatic. Kyle however, is not so accustomed to parenting a prissy young thing. I'm learning that as foreign as I find the constant need to tackle one another (why do boys do that?!?) Kyle is equally baffled by the world of frills. And Molly is an extreme case. I can't count how many times she has said " I wish I could get married". She talks about the wedding dress, the cake, the dance, the kiss- all of it. She gets massive crushes already: Boys in school, Disney Princes, MILAM!, and even rockstars (Hello, Caleb from Kings of Leon!) are all the objects of her affection. She is very into makeup, high heels, dresses, accessories and posing. Yesterday I had to get to Church early and left Kyle to get Molly dressed for Church. Well- I guess she threw a big dramatic fit that she couldn't leave because her "dress was ugly" and she didn't look pretty. We are really in for it when this girl hits the pre-teen years! Kyle is SUCH a sport for putting up with both of us and our diva moments and for TRYING to understand how the female brain operates!
Molly all decked out
A glimpse into Molly's world! In her room... An ironing board
A scarf, high heels, bracelet and purse
A kitchen
Ballerina Barbie, Makeup Kit, Another High Heel
I love my Little Molly Dolly and her drama.... and I love Kyle for loving us in spite of (because of even?!?) it all!

1 comment:

  1. Ha...I don't understand boys either and I live with THREE! So flattering that she still crushes on Milam with all the princes to choose from.

    ReplyDelete