Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mexico!

We just got back from THE BEST TRIP EVER. Truly, this was my favorite vacation. It was our 1st time to take Molly to the beach and it could not have been better. We went to the sister resort of one we had been to many times, and this one really caters to young families. I can't say enough great things about it. The amazing kids meals alone are reason enough to go back! There was a My Gym on site (same as Little Gym) and Molly could do have activities like decorate cookies when she was all beached out. So fun. Molly was a DREAM this entire trip. She was just an absolute angel. This is a trip I will never forget! So here we go.... a TON of photos!


View from our back patio

First dip in the ocean!


The humidity really fogged up my camera for a while. I HATE that these shots are dim~


Prissin on the beach

What a pose!

She looks like a little surfer in her swim top!

Me and my girl


I had to add this one. Baby Dear fever is at an all time HIGH. She is constantly with us! M would sit Baby Dear up in all sorts of poses and want me to take her photo!
The Little Mommy and her Baby Dear

Going to dinner



These next pics are of Molly and her "Mexico Best Friends". This was a HUGE paradigm shift for me. Molly was all about making friends and hanging with them this trip. Mommy and Daddy played second fiddle to her pals. It was so great... and so sad! 1st thing in the morning, she had to know where her girls would be eating, what pool would they be at, would they be at the beach, etc. And she would hang with them all day long, and barely even needed us. By the end of the trip M could swim by herself with floaties- even across the big pool. I remember laying by the pool and looking out into the middle of the pool. There was Molly in her floaties surrounded by a big group of little girls and they were just chatting and laughing. She hadn't so much as looked my way in an hour. I felt so proud of her, and I also got choked up (not shocking for me!)... she was a big girl with her own stuff going on. I loved it and hated it all at the same time!
Molly and her best pal Jemma- showing off some sea shells they found.
Molly and Jemma
Molly and her other bestie, Brita.
Molly looks so old and so beautiful in this photo to me. Sometimes I feel like a can catch a glimpse of what she will look like when she is older.
This cracks me up. My big girl could swim to the bar all by herself and order herself a strawberry smoothie!
How funny!
Queen of the beach!



Molly is already talking about our next trip to Mexico, and I can't wait either. It was so fun. We have finally gotten to the stage where traveling is a breeze- no gear to bring, no sleep issues.... just easy. In a future post I will write some of the funny things that happened, including the "professional" photo shoot from hell and the gourmet, 8 course super fancy dinner from hell- ha!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics! The picture of her at the swim-up bar with a smoothie is hilarious! Looks like such a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo fun. i am scared of a trip with our three but that looks like the ideal place! glad you guys had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mexico looks amazing!!!! so jealous yall got to go on such a fun trip :) these pics are precious!

    ReplyDelete