Thursday, July 15, 2010

What we've been up to...

I can't believe this summer is half over! Why does time have to go so quickly? I thought we both might go stir crazy this summer... but I am pleasantly surprised. We are both enjoying the relaxed schedule and carefree days.

Last week was Cow Appreciation week at "Chick-a Play" as M calls it. If you dressed like a cow you got free food! Molly loves costumes and she loves chick-a-play... so this was a dream come true for her!

We've been cooking up a storm...
That night we made homemade pizza and the BEST homemade ice cream!
This week, Molly has a tennis camp in the morning. I use the word camp loosely... it was 30 minutes a day for 4 days- ha!
She was very excited about her own racket and wearing tennis clothing!
At the end of the lessons, the kids would gather together for their cheer when they would yell "Tennis Rules!"- it was so funny.
Those who know my girl well know that speediness, athletic and coordinated are not adjectives that generally describe her! She may not be a tennis prodigy, but she had fun and it was good to try something different. When asked she said her fave part of tennis camp was the "water breaks"!!!

Another dress I made. She thinks these over-the-top expressions are GORGEOUS!
I thought the fabric was so cute!

At Kyle's softball game. Shannon is Kyle's friend from work and has sat for Molly. She reads this blog and when Molly requested a picture with her she asked if it would make the blog. So, this one is for you, Shannon!


She even got to go to the dug out!
It was so fun for Molly to get to see him play!

Another outfit I made for M.
The posing kills me! Ya'll, Molly LOVES to have her picture made. LOVES it. She must say the phrase "take a picture of me" at least 100 times a day. I am dead serious about that. She wants photos in every pose possible, and she'll want to pose with other people and even inanimate objects. I have taken so many pictures of her with random objects like pens or a string. She just loves to pose. She watched a show where they discussed how everyone has a talent. I asked her what she thought her best talent was and she said "posing"!

2 comments:

  1. i'm just going to start calling you martha! super impressed by all your sewing. maybe before my boys are grown i'll get my machine out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute, you MADE that dress?! Super cute! I wish I could have a private sewing lesson from you.

    ReplyDelete